#BeKind Instagram Walls Contest
We are looking for artists to help spread kindness at Ohio State!
The Office of Student Life and Center for HumanKindness at the Columbus Foundation are hosting a contest for all students, faculty and staff members from any of Ohio State's campuses, alumni and community members to submit artwork that could be featured in outdoor spaces around campus, creating Instagrammable moments. An Instagram wall is a decorated or artistic wall that lends itself to being photographed and posted on social media.
The #BeKind Instagram Wall Contest will help promote kindness, positivity and mental health support on campus and in the community. Throughout 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic, many have felt elevated levels of stress and anxiety. According to the Ohio State Return to Campus survey, students, faculty and staff members have been using kindness and gratitude to cope with these feelings. This contest will not only help you practice kindness to yourself, but it will make a positive, and kind, impact on others.
In addition to seeing their artwork displayed around campus, winners of the #BeKind Instagram Wall Contest will also receive $500 to donate to a non-profit organization from the Columbus Foundation's Giving Store of their choice.
The contest kicks off on Monday, February 1, 2021. Please ensure you carefully read the contest rules and requirements before you submit your designs.
Contest Rules and Requirements
Participants in the #BeKind Instagram Wall Contest (the “Contest”) may be selected to have their artwork displayed on campus based upon the entry(s) they submit to the Office of Student Life. The Contest is operated by The Ohio State University (the “University”) and will be conducted pursuant to these Rules and Regulations:
1. Contest Period. The Contest period begins on February 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM and closes on March 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to all enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students, faculty, staff and alumni at the university from any campus and community members.
3. How to Enter. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the Contest. Participants who have properly submitted artwork (“Submission”) and are otherwise eligible (“Entrants”) will be considered for each individual piece they submit. By entering the Contest, all Entrants agree to abide by these Rules and Regulations. Entrants may upload and submit artwork for consideration via the online submission form.
4. Selection of Winners. The Contest will select winners based on the creativity, originality and content of the Submission, and winners’ Submission will be displayed in areas identified by The Ohio State University Office of Student Life with credit to the Entrant.
5. Donation to Charity. The Contest will make a monetary donation to a non-profit organization from the Columbus Foundation's Giving Store of the winner’s choice.
6. Ownership, Rights, Name and Likeness, and Publicity.
- Entrants hereby transfer and assign to the University all right, title and interest (including but not limited to copyright rights) in any Submission that Entrants submit for the Contest to the University and all Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of the University upon submission to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Accordingly, the University shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing copyright to the Submission of every kind and nature, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. To the extent that such transfer and assignment of ownership in the Submission may be void or unenforceable, by submitting a Submission, Entrants agree to grant to the University a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide license to such Submission, together with all intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, the license rights to cache, publicly display, and reproduce the Submission. Entrants also give up any claim that any use by the University, derivative or otherwise, of any Submission violates any of Entrants rights, including, but not limited to, moral rights, privacy rights, rights to publicity, proprietary or other rights, and/or rights to credit for the material or ideas set forth therein.
- By submitting Entrants Submission, Entrants:
- Warrant to the University that Entrants have secured all rights and releases to all material in Submission, including the images, script, and rights to include all persons, places or organizations included or depicted. If Submission contains images or identifications of any persons or organizations, Entrants agree that Entrants will submit release forms from those persons (or their parents or guardians) or organizations for the use of their identifications or images in Entrants Submission.
- Agree to allow the University to use Entrants name, identification, and likeness to use, promote or publicize Entrants Submission in any manner, without limitation, and without further compensation.
- Assign all right, title and interest in any physical materials Entrants provide to the University.
- Acknowledge that no Submissions shall be returned.
Except for such obligations explicitly set forth in these Contest Rules, the University shall have all rights to use Submission in any way, without any further obligation, notice, compensation or approval.
7. Winner List. To obtain a list of the winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s Name, Be Kind Instagram Wall Art Contest, The Ohio State University Office of Student Life, 1739 N High St, Columbus, OH 43210.
8. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Ohio govern the Contest, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The Contest is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Submit Your Designs
To submit your #BeKind designs, visit the online submission form.